The primary service OSCA renders to the public is the issuance of National Uniform Senior Citizens Identification (ID) Cards to legitimate senior citizens of the City of Naga, Cebu.
The Senior Citizen ID is one of the acceptable government IDs in the Philippines in transacting with government agencies and offices nationwide including banks.
It can be used in acquiring other IDs like passport, SSS ID card, Philhealth, GSIS ecard and many more. Having the Senior Citizen's ID is the main identification and proof that you are already a Filipino Senior Citizen.
Republic Act 9257 or Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2003 stipulates that senior citizens can enjoy discounts as much as 20% and VAT (value-added-tax) exemption to:
- establishments like fastfood chains, restaurants, hotels, department stores, medicine stores
- fare to PUV (public utility vehicles), LRT, MRT, PNR, taxis, domestic air transport and sea transport
- professional fees in all private hospitals, outpatient clinics, home health care services, and medical facilities
- medical and dental services, diagnostic and laboratory fees in all private hospitals and medical facilities
- admission fees by theaters, cinemas, concerts and amusements
- funeral services for the death of the senior citizen
- 5% discount for public utility bills such as water and electricity
Steps and Procedures in getting your Senior Citizen's ID
- Bring the following:
- One (1) pc. recent 1"x1" picture
- One (1) pc recent 2"x2" picture
- NSO Security paper or Birth Certificate
- Community Tax Certificate (CEDULA)
- Valid ID
- Go to the City's Office of the Senior Citizens Affair (OSCA) and apply for an ID. You can bring someone from your relatives to accompany you. The staff will assist to fill the card with your personal information and taking of your picture. It is advised to double check if the details are all correct and your signature is the same as the signatures to your other IDs.
- When applying for replacement of a lost Senior Citizen's ID Card, an applicant must pay an ID replacement fee of one hundred pesos (Php100.00) to the Office of the City Treasurer
CITY PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICE (CPIO) Article Count: 3
CITY PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICE (CPIO)
The City Public Information Office (CPIO) serves as the communication center of the City Government of Naga to provide information about its agenda programs and policies, promote the delivery of vital government services, increase public awareness about its advocacies and establish linkages with other government agencies.
- Establish a communication system to strengthen coordination with city departments, government office and state agencies;
- Inform the public about the status and accomplishments of the city’s programs, vital infrastructure projects and other important activities;
- Develop plans and strategies and implement the same on matters related to public relations;
- Establish and nurture positive working relationships with media organizations to promote public awareness about the city’s programs and projects;
- Manage and support city’s public relations events and provide guidance to all the city departments, offices and city-based national government agencies;
- Provide accurate and timely information to forewarn the Nagahanons about the oncoming typhoon, natural or human-induced calamities in coordination with the City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (CDRRMO); and
- Manage and administer the City Government’s official website: and its facebook page: Naga Akong Garbo, which both serve as the communication channel and feedback mechanism in the social media for appropriate government action.
The functions of the CPIO are in line with the advocacies of the City Government which anchored on the time-honored principles of good governance, transparency and accountability.
While the City Government of Naga is pursuing to become an industrial capital in Cebu, it shall uphold at all times the preservation of its natural resources, proper handling of funds and investment on worthy infrastructure projects.