The City Public Information Office (CPIO) serves as the communication center of the City Government of Naga to provide information about its agenda programs and policies, promote the delivery of vital government services, increase public awareness about its advocacies and establish linkages with other government agencies.
- Establish a communication system to strengthen coordination with city departments, government office and state agencies;
- Inform the public about the status and accomplishments of the city’s programs, vital infrastructure projects and other important activities;
- Develop plans and strategies and implement the same on matters related to public relations;
- Establish and nurture positive working relationships with media organizations to promote public awareness about the city’s programs and projects;
- Manage and support city’s public relations events and provide guidance to all the city departments, offices and city-based national government agencies;
- Provide accurate and timely information to forewarn and assist the public about oncoming typhoons, natural or human-induced calamities in coordination with the City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (CDRRMO); and
- Manage and administer the City Government’s official website: and its facebook page: Naga Akong Garbo, which both serve as the communication channel and feedback mechanism in the social media for appropriate government action.
The functions of the CPIO are in line with the advocacies of the City Government which anchored on the time-honored principles of good governance, transparency and accountability.
While the City Government of Naga is pursuing to become an industrial capital in Cebu, it shall uphold at all times the preservation of its natural resources, proper handling of funds and investment on worthy infrastructure projects.