The primary service OSCA renders to the public is the issuance of National Uniform Senior Citizens Identification (ID) Cards to legitimate senior citizens of the City of Naga, Cebu.
The Senior Citizen ID is one of the acceptable government IDs in the Philippines in transacting with government agencies and offices nationwide including banks.
It can be used in acquiring other IDs like passport, SSS ID card, Philhealth, GSIS ecard and many more. Having the Senior Citizen's ID is the main identification and proof that you are already a Filipino Senior Citizen.
Republic Act 9257 or Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2003 stipulates that senior citizens can enjoy discounts as much as 20% and VAT (value-added-tax) exemption to:
- establishments like fastfood chains, restaurants, hotels, department stores, medicine stores
- fare to PUV (public utility vehicles), LRT, MRT, PNR, taxis, domestic air transport and sea transport
- professional fees in all private hospitals, outpatient clinics, home health care services, and medical facilities
- medical and dental services, diagnostic and laboratory fees in all private hospitals and medical facilities
- admission fees by theaters, cinemas, concerts and amusements
- funeral services for the death of the senior citizen
- 5% discount for public utility bills such as water and electricity
Steps and Procedures in getting your Senior Citizen's ID
- Bring the following:
- One (1) pc. recent 1"x1" picture
- One (1) pc recent 2"x2" picture
- NSO Security paper or Birth Certificate
- Community Tax Certificate (CEDULA)
- Valid ID
- Go to the City's Office of the Senior Citizens Affair (OSCA) and apply for an ID. You can bring someone from your relatives to accompany you. The staff will assist to fill the card with your personal information and taking of your picture. It is advised to double check if the details are all correct and your signature is the same as the signatures to your other IDs.
- When applying for replacement of a lost Senior Citizen's ID Card, an applicant must pay an ID replacement fee of one hundred pesos (Php100.00) to the Office of the City Treasurer