ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO.1, Series of 1993, Rule 24

Non Disclosure of Birth Records

The records of a person’s birth shall be kept strictly confidential and no information relating thereto sl any of the following:'
The concerned person himself, or any person authorized by him;
His spouse, his parents or parents, his direct descendants, or guardian or institution legally in-cha
The court or proper public official whenever absolutely necessary in administrative, judicial or other identity of the child’s parents or other circumstances surrounding his birth; and
In case of the person’s death, the nearest of kin.
Any person violating the prohibition shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment of at least two months or hundred pesos, or both in the discretion of the court. (Article 7, P.D.603)

  Requirements for application of marriage license with previous marriage/s

  1. All applicable requirements for applicants 18 years old and above; and
  2. Death Certificate of Spouse;or
  3. Certified True Copy of Annulment with Certificate of Finality;
  4. NSO Copy of Certificate of Marriage with annotation of the Court Decision.

Requirements for application of marriage license with a foreigner partner

  1. All applicable requirements for applicants 18 years old and above; and
  2. Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage, issued by their respective diplomatic or Consular Officials;
  3. Divorce Decree /Death Certificate of spouse whichever is applicable.

Requirements for application of marriage license

(At least one of the applicants must be a resident of Naga, Cebu)

(18 years old and above)

  1. NSO Copy of Birth Certificate;
  2. Certificate of No Record of Marriage (CENOMAR);
  3. Valid Identification Card (I.D.) and CEDULA;
  4. Certificate of Marriage Counseling and Family Planning;

**Applicants to attend the seminar for them to secure the Certificate**

      5. Parents of the applicants to sign the Consent/Advice form if below 25years old;

**To submit copy of the Death Certificate for deceased parent/s**

      6. Filled-up Application Form for Marriage License.

Marriage fees

NOTE: Maybe required to submit additional requirements as the case arises.

A Notice of the Application for Marriage License shall be posted for ten (10)

consecutive days after receipt of the application, and Marriage License will be

issued after the completion of the period of publication.


Application for Marriage License –Filipino P 150.00

Application for Marriage License with Foreign Spouse P 1,000.00

Marriage Counselling Fee P 150.00

Application for Marriage License form P 10.00

Marriage License Fee P 25.00

Requirements for delayed registration of death

  1. Four (4) copies of Certificate of Death that have been accomplished correctly and completely;
  2. Affidavit of Delayed Registration (at the back of the Certificate of Death) which shall be executed by the hospital or clinic administrator if the person died in the hospital, clinic or similar institution; or if the person died elsewhere, by the attendant-at-death. In the default of the hospital or clinic administrator or attendant-at-death, the affidavit shall be executed by any of the nearest relative of the deceased when he was still alive; and
  3. Authenticated copy of the certificate of burial, cremation, or any other means of corpse disposal.

What you need to know about

Who may file the petition?

Whether it is for correction of clerical or typographical error, or for change of first name, the petition may be filed by a person of legal age who must have a direct and personal interest in the correction of the error or in the change of first name in the civil register.

A person is considered of legal age when he is 18 years old and above. Thus, a minor (less than 18 years old) cannot by himself file a petition, either for correction of clerical or typographical error or for change of his first name.

Only the following persons are considered to have a direct and personal interest in the correction of clerical error or change of first name:

(1) Owner of the record that contains the error to be corrected or first name to changed.
(2) Owner’s spouse, children, parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, guardian, or any other person duly authorized by law or by the owner of the document sought to be corrected.

What supporting documents are required for correcting a clerical or typographical error in a civil registry document?

The petition shall not be processed unless the petitioner supports it with the required documents. The supporting documents should be authentic and genuine, otherwise, the petition shall be denied or disapproved pursuant to Rule 5.8 of Administrative Order No. 1, S. 2001. The following supporting documents are admissible as basic requirements:

(1) Certified machine copy of the certificate containing the alleged erroneous entry or entries.

(2) Not less than two public or private documents upon which the correction shall be based. Examples of these documents are the following: baptismal certificate, voter’s affidavit, employment record, GSIS/SSS record, medical record, school record, business record, driver’s license, insurance, land titles, certificate of land transfer, bank passbook, NBI/police clearance, civil registry records of ascendants, and others.

(3) Notice and Certificate of Posting

(4) Certified machine copy of the Official Receipt of the filing fee

(5) Other documents as may be required by the City/Municipal Civil Registrar (C/MCR)

What should be the form and content of the petition?

The petition, whether it is for correction of clerical error or for a change of first name, should be accomplished properly and in the prescribed form. Section 5 of RA 9048 and Rule 8 of administrative Order No. 1, S. 2001 require that the petition should be in the form of an affidavit, hence, it should be subscribed and sworn to before a person authorized to administer oath.

Basically, the petition must contain the following facts or information:

  • Merits of the petition
  • Competency of the petitioner
  • Erroneous entry to be corrected and proposed correction; first name to be changed and the proposed new first name
Back to Top