Naga is one of the major source of power in the province. The following companies are the providers of power for the city:, these are: Therma Power Visayas Inc. , KEPCO-SPC, and Visayan Electirc Company (VECO).
City of Naga is home to Apo Cement Corporation (the largest in the country), and other companies.
The city also offers opportunities in food processing: sugar-based foods, meat and fish processing. The city government promotes the establishment of commercial complexes and tourist facilities that enables locals and tourists to come and see the city.
Naga is now famous for picture perfect peak and rolling hills and a gorgeous boardwalk that attracts thousands of visitors. Indeed, the city is bound for greatness.
TOURISM FLAGSHIP DESTINATIONS
City of Naga Baywalk and Boardwalk Complex
The City of Naga Baywalk and Boardwalk Complex is located at the heart of the city. A place where people can relax and enjoy the comforting breeze of the sea with family and friends. This place has become the favorite destination among all ages.
The Baywalk Complex consist of three (3) different sectors, namely:
- City of Naga Baywalk, City of Naga Boardwalk,
- Francis Ocean Park, Pasilong sa Naga (ongoing project),
- Food Court and Food Arcade
In December 2015, the City of Naga LGU inaugurated the Teodoro 'Doring‛ Mendiola Sr. Track and Field Oval located in Barangay North Poblacion. It became the venue of the 2016 Central Visayas Regional Athletic Association ( CVIRAA) meet in Februaty 2016.
The P 68 million sports venue has a track and field oval, swimming pool (Olympic-sized) and basketball, tennis and volleyball courts. The venues have been used for several sports events, particularly sports meets, triathlons, frisbee tournaments and others.
It has become one of the favorite hiking destinations in Cebu. Trekking can be done day or night, a campsite is at the base of the peak
Inoburan Mangrove Forest
The mangrove plantation in barangay Inoburan has a total land area of 28 hectares and consist of 17 mangrove species. It ranked third during the Tourism Site Prioritization process.
Dagitab Festival was declared as the official cultural festival name of the City of Naga, held in the Christmas Season, in consideration of the following:
- The City of Naga’s Annual Festival of Lights which starts on December 8 simultaneous with the Feast of the Immaculada Concepcion and goes throughout the Christmas season;
- The town is an electric power source with KEPCO and SPC Power Corporation (now Therma Power Visayas) both in Brgy. Colon which address the looming power shortage in the Visayas Region;
- The town plaza and park has vibrant lamp posts installed everywhere which inspires town folks to stroll around the area, more particularly at St. Francis Ocean Park, a beautiful baywalk and boardwalk;
- The presence of different industrial companies which zoom Naga to progress giving hope to all Nagahanons for blissful lives.